Mental health is an integral part of health; it is more than the absence of mental illnesses. It is the foundation for the well-being and effective functioning of individuals. It includes mental well-being, prevention of mental disorders, treatment, and rehabilitation.
WHO estimates that the burden of mental health problems in India is 2443 disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) per 100 00 population; the age-adjusted suicide rate per 100 000 population is 21.1. The economic loss due to mental health conditions, between 2012-2030, is estimated at USD 1.03 trillion.
Determinants of mental health include individual attributes such as the ability to manage one’s thoughts, emotions, behaviors and interactions with others. In addition, social, cultural, economic, political and environmental factors have a role to play as do specific psychological and personality, and genetic factors.
Raising awareness and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health is necessary for addressing the situation. Mental health promotion involves creating an environment, which promotes healthy living and encourages people to adopt healthy lifestyle. Enabling environment through national mental health policies and legal frameworks are imperative for effective management of mental health disorders and providing overarching directions for ensuring mental health promotion. This calls for a multisectoral engagement and a life-course approach.
We, at VaCCT, work closely with different communities in nourishing a better world with better mental health practices and life styles. We provide counselling and training in different areas.
We accomplish our mission by focusing on the following goals:
- Provide quality, cost-effective training designed to increase individual and organizational productivity and enrichment.
- Nourish a better world by improving the mental health of people.
- Provide development opportunities that enhance knowledge, develop skills and enrich the organization.
- Create, promote and foster an organizational environment that values development, diversity and growth opportunities for all employees.
- Support the society through social activities.
- Promote, support and leverage technology resources and tools to improve and enhance workflow efficiency and improve customer service.
Registered under Indian Partnership Act, 1932.
Registration No.: 2330/2021
Udhyam Registration Number: UDYAM-KL-12-0015716